Welcome to UCT Careers Service
Whether you’re just starting out or have definite career plans, UCT’s Careers Service can help you explore your next steps, find relevant information and make informed decisions. Our award-winning, future-focused, and innovative service has been commended by both UCT students and employers locally and internationally for its professional service and for its effort to connect students to opportunities and support them on their career journey.
You can access:
- Free, confidential career consultations (subject/degree choice, changing course/degree, further study decisions, university to work transition)
- Advertised vacation work, part-time work, internships and graduate jobs
- Help with CVs, applications, and interview preparation
- Employer networking events (career expos, employer presentations and showcases)
- Bursary and scholarship information
- Career information and resources
- Career educational presentations, webinars and workshops
Apart from a commitment to create career-ready graduates, we also has a strong focus on empowering student entrepreneurs. It’s important to us that you make the most of your time at UCT as an international student and get ahead on your career journey.
By visiting the online career portal MyCareer, you'll have 24/7 access to a broad range of information such as career events, bursaries and employment opportunities. You can also book an appointment with a career development consultant. Students can personalise their MyCareer account to receive customised notifications about information and opportunities available to them.
Follow us on social media for up-to-date information:
YouTube: @UCT Careers Service
LinkedIn: @UCT Careers Service