Planning to work after graduation? Let us help you to make sure you are submitting competitive applications. Finding Work Series will help you with the different steps involved in the process of looking for work: from deciding what to apply for and targeting your application, right through to performing in an interview.
Targeting Your CV and Cover Letter
- What it means to target your CV and cover letter to an application
- What a CV should contain and how a Cover letter is different
- Some examples to illustrate how this can be done and how it will advantage you
Presenting Your Skills
- What makes you employable?
- What are employability skills?
- Ways to identify your skills
- How to present your skills in your CV and cover letter
- Some dos and don'ts
- Why we use LinkedIn
- How to maximise your profile
- Job searches
Preparing For Interviews
- Types of interviews (including virtual interviews)
- Preparation for the interview
- How to confidently walk your own talk
- The STAR interview technique
- Case studies